Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Snake

Fallen angel deprived of love,
why do you cry for your loss?
You say he's left,
the one you long for
has left you scared and alone.
You weep for wrong
and want for sin.
Tell me who you fear.
Yourself you say?
I ask you why.
You say he's left you blind.
He's caused you not to see,
but you are not the only one
whose heart feels pain.
Pick yourself from the ground.
Do not wither like the black rose,
life taken from her,
now nothing but unhappiness to the end.
He will soon return to you,
belly slithering across the ground.
You will take him back,
the one who's hurt you so.
Like so many times before,
you'll forgive him in your ignorance.
Then you can truly say,
"I am entrapped in darkness,
my sight has been taken from me."

1 comment:

The White Devil said...

You are much too powerful to be entrapped in darkness!